Old 02-09-2004, 05:53 AM
Newbie Bill

You have probably pegged it Rich. I dont know how big these particular ones
can get but the 'mother' was considerably taller. Crowding them is probably
the trick. Lately I have been pretty much pinching and discarding
everything except the four biggest plants, but they're like doritos-they
just make more, almost daily. I will see if I can just trap two or three
behind some lily pads or plants. Thanxx
Bill Brister

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
Once the lettuce is confined in a cramped location, start thinning the
babies around the mother and she will grow larger. Mine didn't survive

this
year, but in past years, the heads got to be about 10 or 15 pounds, over a
foot across and 6 or 8 inches tall. If they are allowed to continue to
spread out, they stay small.
--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
I was given 3 tiny water lettuce about a month ago.Without the beverage

used the BV planting method and put them in my full sun pond. They are
multiplying at a ridiculous rate but even the mother plants are not more
than an inch or so tall. Any suggestions to get them to grow up and not
out?

Bill Brister