Old 02-09-2004, 07:28 AM
Diane Epps

"Dave_R." wrote in message
On the topic of compost, does anyone have a good suggestion as to how
to deal with a lot of grass cuttings? I'm told (& have seen) that if I
put too much grass on the compost heap I end up with a dark, soggy,
smelly mass. What is the best suggestion for diluting the grass?

The best solution is to add plenty of other biodegradable stuff.
Kitchen waste excluding meat fish and bones which will attract foxes and
rats.
Prunings from garden plants
Cardboard boxes ripped up
Kitchen paper [used]
Pets cage droppings {hampsters birds etc]
used vegetable oil
news paper
The list is endless copped up wollen cardigans can also be added but do take
off the buttons they dont tend to rot!
Diane