Old 02-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Ann

sherwindu expounded:

What's with you organic enthusiasts. Do you all believe the world is going to soon
end?
Pollution from our factories and vehicles is a much much greater threat than the
pesticides being used. When we convert all our energy sources to solar, nuclear,
etc.,
than I think we can worry about the pesticides.

So we're not supposed to take care of what we can, and eliminate toxic
chemicals from our soils and foods? No, small market farmers can
right now take care of it, and they are. The organic gardener/farmers
are making money now, whereas the same can't be said for
conventional/chemical using farmers. Plus their produce is higher
quality; they aren't catering to the mass-shipping market, but tend
to either direct sell or sell locally so they can grow produce that's
actually bred to taste good, rather than withstand shipping. And
finally, the produce is coming down in price, as more and more farmers
enter the market. I welcome and celebrate it, and know that people
who think like you are becoming fewer and fewer (thankfully).

http:///www.biodemocracy.org

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA