Old 02-09-2004, 02:06 PM
BAC

"Tracey" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.218...
"Tracey" wrote in news:2pm8f8FmmkevU1@uni-
berlin.de:

There is no need, in what he wants to do, to spend any money on

printing
as
you have a computer. I do have Business Cards, BUT, that is because

the
company I arrange the reunions with 'is' a big business and where I

am
'representing them' as opposed to it being my business, then the
'Corporate
Image' follows through. For you, a computer leaflet will do.

Only from a laser printer. Inkjet printed business cards/ leaflets
quickly fade, run when wet, and generally become indecipherable.

Yesterday I decided to get a carpet shampooed and got down a relevant

small
business flier from my noticeboard, to find I could no longer read the
phone number. And it was only a few months old: sun on the

noticeboard
had
done for it.

I'm guessing a card belonging to a gardener might sometimes need a

certain
damp-resistance too: even sweaty fingers will smudge an inkjet print.

Susceptibility to damp is relatively easily fixed by laminating the

cards,
which also makes them much more durable.

I've thought about buying a laminator as I've seen one quite cheap. I

think
it makes business cards look more professional, as well as protecting from
damp and dirt.

If your fiancee and colleagues are going to be working in the grounds of
commercial or public premises, the contracts may well require display of ID
badges. Easily knocked up with a decent laminator. Also, small posters or
cards put on notice boards or in windows last longer and look better if
laminated. Written instructions for use of kit last longer if laminated,
etc., etc. I'm pretty sure a decent laminator would prove useful in most
'offices'.

I am not a laminator producer or salesman, by the way :-)