Old 27-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Ray

Christ almighty! Big Head Carp in the greenhouse!!! Will neem oil keep
them away?

That's like our friends from the North Carolina Department of Transportation
who imported kudzu for erosion control. Now there a whole buildings all
over the southeast that will never erode - if we can find them.

..
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:41:48 GMT, "K Barrett"
wrote:

Well, that last line ("Am I wrong") sounded snotty when I read it later.

didn't mean for it to sound that way. I meant it to sound like I was

asking
for your opinions.

K Barrett

Your not wrong. But, the importers are basically the Phal
growers. The hobby is so large and the collections so diverse -
it will take a long time to hit many of us. Like Hausermann's in
the 70's they are specializing on one thing. At that time you
could walk in the gh and see bare plants unless you timed it to a
holiday. The Catts only bloomed for holiday sales. And the sales
staff had no time for hobby growers... or species. They were
known for attitude. Now there is great diversity and the corsage
orchid is only a small piece of the business.

The bugs are another issue. We just got hit with the Big Head
Carp that were imported for some misguided plan on the
Mississippi. Now they are threatening native fish in 18 states.

SuE