Old 02-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Pascal Bourguignon

"Gordon Couger" writes:

"Pascal Bourguignon" wrote in message

Has the experiment of growing plants under the light conditions of the
Moon surface ever been done? What would happen if you tried to grow
normal plants with lights on for 14 days and off for 14 days?

The ultraviolet light in the sun light on the moon would kill most plants.

I assume that UV filters would be integrated to the green-house...

Some will adapt to the 14 day of sun an night but most higher plants would
not do well. Lichens would do fine. They might even stand the UV.

What about genetic modifications to help tomatoes and potatoes adapt
to that schedule?

neither do we.