Old 02-09-2004, 11:22 PM
DigitalVinyl

"two dogs" wrote:

I thought my zuchini were done for the season and hadn't check my vines till
yesterday and found a four pounder on the vine. Being a rookie, I've been
told they get bitter when they get too big. It has good dark green color.
Any Thought out there?

I've had 2.5 pounders all season and no one complained about the
quality. I kept asking and everyone agreed they were good.
Four pounds is a bit bigger, but you'll only know if you taste. ANd
as people suggest some recipes are forgiving. Grilled, chopped,
stuffed zucchini, zuchiini pie.

I recently shredded about a 1/2+ pound, salted, it, left it to dry out
and used it in meatloaf. I like a lot of veggies in my meatloaf. I
mixed it in with diced peppers, finely chopped onion, garlic. I use a
mixture of spices, vinegar, worcheshire and diced can tomatoes as a
topping.
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
2nd year gardener
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalfrazier/