Old 27-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default bizarre experience last night

While cooking on the BBQ grill, I often wander over to the pond to check
it out. While standing there last night, one of the big female green
frogs climbs out on the side right by my feet. To my amazement,
extending out of the corners of her mouth were wing tips!!!! I could
also see some yellow feathers so I guessed it was probably a gold finch.

Well, I went back inside to check on the rest of dinner and when I came
back out to check the meat on the grill, I walked back over to the pond.
There on the side was the green frog again with a disgorged wet,
soggy, and very dead goldfinch beside her. I guess she figured she had
bitten off more than she could swallow.

Susan
shsimko[at]duke[dot]edu