Old 27-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Michael Persiano

Suggestion:

Many of the local nurseries sell Shimpaku. These can usually be acquired for a nominal cost are at least 6-10 years of age.

Like anything, you will need some substance, i.e., sufficient branch selection options and foliar mass to construct the bonsai illusion. Smaller specimens acquired from mass producers of extremely young species will require as much as 5 to 10 years before you can really expect to begin to accomplish anything.

I have a Shimpaku that I have been growing for nearly 15 years, and it is only now ready to either be sold as prebonsai material or styled. It's amazing, but I am actually developing some patience in this art. );-)

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++