Old 28-08-2004, 04:20 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

As I remember it, the answer was 1 tbsp per 1000 gal per week in high
growing season. Probably varies a lot depending on how many plants are
grabbing the potash for growth.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"W Dale" wrote:

Thanks! :-) :-) iI will give it a read.
Back. Interesting!
So what would you use to green up your WH?

G-Hoch wrote:

"W. Dale" wrote

in
message

Ok. Will somebody tell me what is up with the controversy over
Ironite? In this ng and from some of our local ponders, Ironite used

in
moderation is said to do wonders for WH. Now I am seeing all kinds of
very negative and cautionary site discussing the horrors of Ironite.
And, I see there is a "new and improved" formula available.

Thanks for your comments

W. Dale

Us organic gardeners would never use that stuff, but here is a good
reprint of an article from The Dallas Morning News on the local
Organic Guru's website:
http://www.dirtdoctor.com/view_question.php?id=120 You can find more
info on that site by doing a search.

Gary

High potash value in fertilizer will work just as well. I use sulfate of
potash (0-0-50). I forget the quantity offhand, but someone on the list

will
remind me.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Goldfish, a RES named Colombo and an Oscar.