Old 28-08-2004, 04:27 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

OK, BV...weigh in

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"Roy" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 02:00:01 GMT, Crashj
wrote:

===On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 00:24:42 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:
===
===The caution should be expressed.
===
=== The filters that cannot have water bypass the waterfall can be

kept alive and
===strong by the addition of a small amount of household ammonia each

day
===
===Ugh. Chemicals. Think I'll go get a beer and deal with the pond.

Speaking of beer and dealing with a pond........, today I was at
Petsmart to get 2 Red and White Comets and a shubunkin for the wifes
1/2 barrel. While there and looking at the Koi they just got in,
another customer and I started to talking about ponds etc. Filters and
pumps came into the conversation and seeding them with enzyme etc, and
he replied he always pours a can or two of beer into his pond as it
keeps the bacteria that eats the bad stuff thriving and
hungry..........He claims its the yeast and barley in it that makes it
work.......and he never gets coudy water, ever! .I could not say one
way or the other, but anyone ever hear of this, or is he just an idiot
with a hair brained theory, and in all reality is a pretty good ponder
on how he manages his pond and the beer actually does nothing....

Inquiring minds want to know if this has any merit to it.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.