Old 28-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Roy

On 28 Aug 2004 09:10:00 GMT, (Karen) wrote:

===In article ,
(Roy) writes:
===
===.He claims its the yeast and barley
===
===when I had a septic tank in Houston, I was told to keep it from needing to be
===cleaned, ad yeast down the toilet bowl. 20 years and I never had to have my
===septic tank cleaned out, so there may be something to it.
===
===Karen
===Zone 5
===Ashland, OH
===
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
===My Art Studio at
===http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
===for email remove the extra extention
===
===
===
===

I can see yeast inducing bacteria into a septic tank and even a pond,
but like Cashj ppointed out, the yeast that was in beer, has been
cooked and is probably expended and not capable of doing the things
yeast normally does.......at least it sounds that way, however a
packet or block or yeast should still be 100% viable and alive. I also
use yeast in my septic tank, since 1972 when it was installed and have
yet to need it pumped......

I think the fellow that told me about pouring beer into the pond has
the right concept or a good idea perhaps but wrong substance.......but
then again who knows
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.