Old 30-08-2004, 03:25 AM
Iris Cohen

Default Pomegranate

I think we have the same situation that I ran across with the elm. My
understanding is that there is a specific cultivar of Punica granatum called
'Nejikan' which is a standard, not dwarf, and naturally grows with a twisted
trunk. I just bought a dwarf Pomegranate, no twisted trunk I can see, but the
seller swore she has been growing these for years, they come from Korea, & the
Koreans always call them Nejikan. Can anyone enlighten me?
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)