Old 03-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Phisherman

On 3 Sep 2004 08:30:54 -0700, (anna) wrote:

I plan to add a fence to my backyard, and am thinking to go to Home
Depot to get them to install the fence as well as purchasing the fence
from there.

If I get Home Depot to install the fence, are the installer or
contractor?
What values does a fence contractor add to the work?

Normally how do people go about adding a fence to their backyard? I
had already contacted the town to get a permit, but how do I find (or
decide on) a contractor and where to buy the fence.

Thanks

Ask around. Have 4 or 5 contractors provide you with estimates. It
is better to get local contractors that are familiar with your local
codes and laws. Ask about time frames, dates, cost, clean up,
guarantee, references, insurance, bonding, etc. Home Depot will
subcontact the job out. (For a wooden fence, I'd make the fence and
install it myself.)