Old 28-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Diana Kulaga

"tbell" wrote in message
I'm getting kind of tired of filling and refilling my 1 gallon jug with
fertilizer solution, but I remember reading some reservations about

hose-end
mixers. I fertilize 1/2 strength every other week and flush with water the
other times, which seems to work for the roughly 75 plants in my little

GH.
Any suggestions?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon CP 5700

Hi, Tom,

Frank put in a watering system earlier this year, especially for the Vandas.
Since they grow around the pool, he didn't want the fertilizer to go through
that system (the spray inevitably hits the pool). We also have a wand
hooked up to the water source.

We bought an E-Z Flow in-line bottle (very inexpensive) from Morton Products
on line. Now, he fertilizes the Vandas using the wand, with the E-Z Flow
turned on. Piece of cake. I don't have the URL off hand, but it's easy to
find.

We haven't measured the output as some no doubt have, but I can tell you
that the Vandas are in pig's heaven, and are blooming more frequently than
ever before, so I can assume they are getting what they need. In the main
grow area we still water with a hose, even though the watering apparatus is
out there. So, there we use an ordinary hose end bottle. Results are good,
and everyone is happy.

HTH

Diana