Old 29-08-2004, 08:51 AM
kenty ;-\)

Also take good care of your tags!These are precious,especially when you get
more involved or addicted like most people do!You will know what I mean if
you do!

--
Thanks Keith,England,UK.
"orchids3" wrote in message
m...
Hi,
I would leave any root where it grows. Orchids often have aerial roots
and thats normal. Moving them often breaks them - also burying aerial
roots may kill the roots.
Do you belong to the American Orchid society (AOS)? Go to
www.aos.com or http://orchidweb.com and look at the culture sheets that
are on line there. You can choose to join if you like. The magazine is
Great.
There is also a bookstore and books can be ordered.
The mother lode of orchid information is at orchidwire.com.
One warning: watch out for orchids they are adictive.
Good Luck

hi there wrote in message

.. .
Hi,

We were in Hawaii last October and picked up a couple of orchids (small,
sold in plastic bag at a gift shop). It's been almost a year but they
don't seem to be growing that great (from 2-3 inches when we got them to
about six inches now). I've been using Schultz's potting mix and food.
The roots of one of the orchids are actually above ground. Should i

force
it back underground? Is there a site for more orchid care/maintenance
specifically for beginners? Thanks