Old 29-08-2004, 01:50 PM
Ray

As the plant grows and used the nutrients in the solution, the chemistry of
that remaining in the reservoir changes. The pH also changes due to that
and the gas exchange occurring at the root system. By filling the pot to
the top with fresh nutrient solution at every watering, you saturate the
medium, clean out the reservoir, and refresh the entire system.

I find that doing that precludes the need for a monthly fresh-water flush
altogether.

..
"RPM1" wrote in message
"Ray" typed:
Ruth,

It's important to flush the reservoir when you water, and not just top

it
up.

Thanks Ray. Do I need to flush the containers every time or can I
go with my usual once a month fresh water flush? What am I trying
to remove with a reservoir flush? TIA

Ruth CM