Old 30-08-2004, 04:58 AM
orchids3

Wendy wrote in message .. .
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:25:34 -0700, Wendy wrote:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:51:32 -0700, tbell wrote:

I'm getting kind of tired of filling and refilling my 1 gallon jug with
fertilizer solution, but I remember reading some reservations about hose-end
mixers. I fertilize 1/2 strength every other week and flush with water the
other times, which seems to work for the roughly 75 plants in my little GH.
Any suggestions?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon CP 5700

Tom, I use 'Syphonject' which works well with less than 50' of hose.
It has a 16:1 ratio & I bought mine at Home Depot for $11.00
It is brass with a rubber tube. I use the large water bottle from
Sparklets.Just found a plastic one that I am going to try in another area.
$9.00
I have a 35gal barrel in my g/h & premix the fert then it pumps out with
an electric pump.
Cheers Wendy

Tom, the plastic syphon's brand name is "Grow More Syphon Mixer"

Want give a bid DITTO to Wendys post. I use a 55 gal barrel with a
submersible pump. I mix my fertilizer to exactly the correct EC and pH
and pump it onto the plants. Every plant gets exactly what I want with
no variation. No more watering half of my plants and finding that the
siphon mixer clogged just after the first plant or backflowed and put
water and fertilizer all over the
floor. 55 gallons will do my whole collection 4 times (Have a 20 by 40
greenhouse and 600 cymbidiums outside.