Old 29-08-2004, 04:34 AM
Roy

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:43:49 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

===Well it finally happened, I managed not to let it happen for almost 10
===years, but I finally had a full head to toe dip with destiny.
===
===I did a full header into the koi pond, good thing that island isn't in
===there any more, but if it was, I wouldn't have been doing what I was doing,
===which was, trying to get the skimmer set right. When we had the island the
===skimmer was tied to it, now it isn't tied off solid and gets out of kilter
===when I do a water change.
===
===Now I wasn't planning to do a water change, but DS distracted me while
===helping clean the one bio-chamber (he didn't want to get his hands dirty
===touching the form, and the process does go faster if one is manning the
===power washer while the other flips, removes, takes clean one off puts dirty
===one on the rack) doing this I forgot I was filling the stock tank with pond
===water.
===
===I had pulled a whole bunch more babies out of that bio-chamber. I'd emptied
===the stock tank figuring using pond water would be ideal, unfortunately more
===water got removed than I'd plan, which stopped the pump and put the skimmer
===out-of-kilter.
===
===As I went to fix it, by using my hook on a stick, the stick slipped, and in
===I went. Geeze. Totally soaked, but glad I didn't have the phone in my
===pocket like I'd had earlier that morning.
===
===The good news, I think I pulled at least 20 more babies out, bigger than
===the ones I gave away last week that I'd raised in the stock tank. Also a
===few big ones were put straight back into the pond with the good dozen
===already in there, one of which looks like a really nice platinum butterfly.
===
===Now to go prune in the lily pond, but I'll have my pond shoes on for that.
=== ~ jan
===
===
=== ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

At least you did not get hurt. Hardly a day goes by I am not wet from
fooling around. I usually do not have any intentions on becoming wet,
but odds are before the day is up, I'll be soaked
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.