Old 29-08-2004, 05:35 AM
Kathy

Check with your doctors about pond water if you get any in your eyes, if you
wear contacts. My brother-in-law is fighting to keep his sight from an
infection that you can get from lake water. I figure pond water is just as
contaminated if you have fish and plants in it. KathyAZ
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Well it finally happened, I managed not to let it happen for almost 10
years, but I finally had a full head to toe dip with destiny.

I did a full header into the koi pond, good thing that island isn't in
there any more, but if it was, I wouldn't have been doing what I was

doing,
which was, trying to get the skimmer set right. When we had the island the
skimmer was tied to it, now it isn't tied off solid and gets out of kilter
when I do a water change.

Now I wasn't planning to do a water change, but DS distracted me while
helping clean the one bio-chamber (he didn't want to get his hands dirty
touching the form, and the process does go faster if one is manning the
power washer while the other flips, removes, takes clean one off puts

dirty
one on the rack) doing this I forgot I was filling the stock tank with

pond
water.

I had pulled a whole bunch more babies out of that bio-chamber. I'd

emptied
the stock tank figuring using pond water would be ideal, unfortunately

more
water got removed than I'd plan, which stopped the pump and put the

skimmer
out-of-kilter.

As I went to fix it, by using my hook on a stick, the stick slipped, and

in
I went. Geeze. Totally soaked, but glad I didn't have the phone in my
pocket like I'd had earlier that morning.

The good news, I think I pulled at least 20 more babies out, bigger than
the ones I gave away last week that I'd raised in the stock tank. Also a
few big ones were put straight back into the pond with the good dozen
already in there, one of which looks like a really nice platinum

butterfly.

Now to go prune in the lily pond, but I'll have my pond shoes on for that.
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~