Old 29-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Roy

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:34:59 GMT, jrio wrote:

===Fish had been doing fine (2 sarasa comets, 2 shubunkin, 3 koi), all
===about 4 inches and healthy looking (at least to my eyes). They were
===eating like little piggies, practically out of my hand,until about three
===days ago. Now they seem very shy, swimming very quickly to hide under
===the plants from one side of the pond to the other. Water quality:
===ammonia=0, nitrites=0, nitrates=0, pH=8.5 and pretty stable, GH =5, KH =
===5. Water is clear although somewhat tinted brown. Water temp = 70.
===I've been doing about 10% water changes once a week. I know the pH is
===on the high side but my tap water is pH=8.4 and the fish have been at
===this pH for about 6-7 weeks now and had been eating fine.
===Pond is 500 gallons, with waterfall, trickle biofilter with UV and
===biofilter media in waterfall.
===Any ideas on why my fish have stopped eating? I haven't changed
===anything in the pond.

Sounds like something spooked them like a king fisher, heron or other
predator.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.