Old 04-09-2004, 01:42 AM
omi

"Warren" wrote in message
news:Or2_c.365506$%_6.1574@attbi_s01...
anna wrote:
I plan to add a fence to my backyard, and am thinking to go to Home
Depot to get them to install the fence as well as purchasing the fence
from there.

If I get Home Depot to install the fence, are the installer or
contractor?
What values does a fence contractor add to the work?

Normally how do people go about adding a fence to their backyard? I
had already contacted the town to get a permit, but how do I find (or
decide on) a contractor and where to buy the fence.

You certainly can build your own fence, but if you have to ask, it makes
me wonder if you know what's involved. It's not as simple as propping-up
some panels, and nailing them together. How tall is the fence? How deep
is the frost line in your area? Do you know how deep you need to bury
the posts? Are you prepared to dig those holes? ..
Warren H.

If there are underground utilities, you may also want to get the locations
blue-staked. Olin