Old 04-09-2004, 03:24 AM
sams

Default lawn grass identification

How do I identify the grass that growing in my lawn? I am planning to
do some overseeding this fall where the grass are subject to stress
due to children foot traffic, especially between houses. How do I
know what grass seed to buy? I am in the Basic North region in US
(Zone 6). The Scotts website suggest that I have Bluegrass, Ryegrass,
Fine Fescue, Tall Fescue or Bentgrass. Iam way far (35miles+) from sea
or costal area.

Appreciate any help to identify the grass. Previous owner moved out of
state and no where to be reached. Iam planning of buying ScottsŪ Pure
PremiumŪ High Traffic Brand Grass Seed Mixture (containing Perennial
Ryegrass and Kentucky Bluegrass)

Sam