Old 04-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Christopher Green

On 3 Sep 2004 18:03:01 -0700, (Cookie Monster)
wrote:

Hello, can you please take a look at this plant as let me know what it is called.

http://img1.uploadimages.net/49757609041032-02.jpg

For scale, the leaves are just larger than my hand.

Thanks

Looks like an abutilon. It's a common garden shrub in California,
which has a climate not too different from Australia's. A flower would
cinch it: abutilons are in the family Malvaceae and have
characteristic mallow flowers. There's a nice gallery of abutilons at
http://www.malvaceae.info/Genera/Abutilon/gallery.html

Sometimes called "Chinese bellflower" or "flowering maple" (though
it's nothing to do with true maples).

--
Chris Green