Old 05-02-2003, 03:06 AM
Hal

Default How to fertilise waterlilies?

I use Jobs fertilizer sticks that are about 1/4" in diameter and
almost 2" long. I poke a rigid plastic tube 46" long containing a
1/4" Dia. x 48" long dowel into the dirt under the stones that keep
the koi from digging and remove the dowel, insert a fertilizer stick
and ram it into the dirt with the dowel. Five fertilizer sticks
once a month for a 10" pot are recommended for regular flower pots.
I use 3 gallon pots for lilies and fertilize with 5 sticks twice a
month.

Regards,

Hal

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:29:06 +1100, "YSL" wrote:

My waterlilies are not quite good this year, not many flowers and the leaves
are small too.
I intend to fertilise them but am afraid of algae booming. Any ideas, we are
in middle of summer at the moment. Cheers.

YSL