Old 04-09-2004, 09:51 PM
Cereus-validus

Don't be a smartass, Pascal. You are your own worst enemy, dude.

Your original question has got to be one of the stupidest yet asked in this
newsgroup and that is saying a lot!

Your original premise is flawed beyond belief and you have no right
criticizing other that point out that fact.

If you knew anything at all about plants, you would have know that most
plants have their life cycles intimately correlated with the yearly cycles
of day verses night length and light quality and would never be able to
adapt to growing on the moon under any conditions.

Name the particular species you have in mind or just shut up. Such plants
would need to be able to germinate from seed, grow, flower and fruit
regardless of the day length and not require any daily dark period for
metabolism. You might have no choice but to limit yourself to algae such as
Chlorella.

Someone suggested lichens but they are highly specialized symbiotic
organisms even more specialized than green plants and they would not survive
under your conditions.

"Pascal Bourguignon" wrote in message
Elie Gendloff writes:

One side of the moon is always sunny and one side is always dark. The
moon turns on its axis once for each rotation of the earth, so only
one side is always facing the sun. When it is appoximately between
the earth and the sun, that is a new moon (not visible) because we are
looking at the unilluminated side of the moon. When the earth is
approximately between the sun and the moon we see a full moon because
we are looking at the entire illuminated side of the moon.

You have problems with maths, don't you?
There's quite a difference between:

There is a face, such as for all time, the face is under the sun.
and: For all time, there is a face, such as the face is under the sun.

neither do we.