Old 04-09-2004, 05:17 PM
W Dale

Hum... so, as I approach my 3rd season (second year) with my 1st LG
4300, I can expect it to go "belly up" soon and when it does, I should
consider replacing it with an external pump? What makes the externals
more efficient than the submersibles? So far, I have had IMO, wonderful
success with my two Little Giant 4300's. They are feeding 2 70 gal and
1 100 gal rubbermaid stock tank filters and 1 24'X2'X18" veggie filter
for an approx. 4000 gal pond (irregular shaped - heart or kidney bean -
19' X 21'X 4.5'). What I keep seeing in some of the post is that the
LG's will definitely die and that external pumping is better.
Thanks for you input.
W. Dale

Grubber wrote:

"DennisD" wrote in message

I am in the process of setting up a water garden. Since I'm in the

plumbing

business I have access to Little Giant pumps at great pricing. But the
question is: are they any good (longevity, energy consumption, etc.).
Thanks

I haven't used Little Giant so I won't comment on that, but realize that you
will probably spend more money on electricity over time than you will on
your pump. Your great pricing may not be the best in the long run. Danner
and Laguna are efficient pumps for submersibles and external pumps are more
efficient than the best submersibles.