Old 05-09-2004, 07:10 AM
Alan Gould

In article , Franz Heymann
writes
Actually, this does raise a rather serious point. My council makes
good compost and I use lots of it. What if unthinking gardeners put
diseased plant material in the garden waste skip?
Does any urgler know what, if any, checks the councils do to try and
minimise the redistribution of diseased vegetable matter?

Do your local council offer a description or a quality standard for
their compost? What I see at our amenity site suggests that almost
anything and everything goes into the 'garden waste' skip, but AFAIK
they do not recycle it into horticultural compost.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.