Old 05-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Andrew G

"andr0meda" wrote in message
I will try to be brief. I know my sense of humour is not always

appreciated.
On the Gold Coast, we are urged to save water.
What do you think about using dirty dishwater (including some detergent)

water plants?
My friend reckons, detergent chases worms way. Is that true? If it is,

than
maybe it is still OK to use the 'dishwater' to water plants in containers,
where worms are not welcome anyway?
Regards,
Andr0

If it's high in detergent content then there is every chance that it may
chase worms away.
If your soil is rich in worms, then don't use it would be my advice. But if
you lack soil worms, or there are very few, then try it.
I would try alternating watering between dishwater and normal water, so the
soil does get flushed well.
Also it's ok to use over plants as a type of pesticide. Just watch what
detergent you use, you want the biodegradable stuff.
Good luck
Andrew