Old 05-02-2003, 05:09 AM
K30a

Default Need info on White Wing Vampire Bat for my Kid

Did you try this page
DallasNews.com | Dallas-Fort Worth | Texas/Southwest
.... on the government's Ministry of Agriculture to take care of "pests," the
bats are
caught in nets and destroyed, Dr. Abram said. The white-wing's natural range
www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dallas/ tsw/stories/010203dntexbats.ae3e9.html
- 63k

You have to register for the page so I didn't check it out.

This looks good!

Microchiroptera
.... Medium-sized bats: hbl 6.5-9cm; fl 5-6.5cm; wt 15-45g. ... Fur is grizzled,
being shades
of brown, and one species, the White-wing vampire (Diaemus youngi), has ...
expert.cc.purdue.edu/~leiman/marina/bats-micro.htm - 35k

Some times when my kids were younger we would get the name off just a bit and
it would be hard to search something out.

good luck!
k30a