Old 05-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Lee and Kath wrote:

I know most people will think us mad but we love moss. Habe you ever sat down beside some when it is
verdant and 'fruiting'? It is so amazing. We are not stupid about it but if it is not causing
problems we leave it alone. The Japanese go to great lengths to propagate it for their gardens.

There are at least half a dozen people here who could be classed as
Moss Troopers :-)

It is a nearly ideal lawn plant - drought and waterlogging resistant,
naturally low-growing, excellent at smothering weeds, easily removed
when it invades other areas, soft underfoot, and useful in the garden
in all sorts of ways.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.