Old 05-09-2004, 04:23 PM
tall

New plug, new air filter, charged battery. I cranked it, and it spit
fuel once again. Choke it and more of the same. Crank a little more
for good measure and once again the battery (new 4 months ago) is
dead. Charging it now.

When I cranked it, it spun & spun with zero ambition to fire (from the
sound of it). So badly that I checked the wire on my new plug - which
was connected soundly.

This is a ****er....

"Srgnt Billko" wrote in message
So it's getting fuel and not firing ? I wonder if he enriched the
carbueator - or was running it with the choke half closed. First thing I
would do would be replace the spark plug - they're only $1.23 and easy to
change. Then you might want to check / clean the air filter. If that is
clogged it would also have amde the fuel / air mixture too rich. Thes
things are easy to do and cost practically nothing. Then let us know what
is happening. Another thought is there may have been water in the gas -
that could make it sound real funny and then difficult to start.