Old 05-09-2004, 05:46 PM
Roy

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 16:12:40 GMT, "Felice Friese"
wrote:

===
==="KOS" wrote in message
gle.com...
=== Hello
=== My question is the following. I have several isles on my lawn. These
=== have different types of plants, some are Japanese maples, ornamental
=== grass etc... I was wondering what type of mulch would be best to put
=== on these isles. I have used, in the past, a mulch that had a red tint-
=== that is tinted mulch. I no longer want to use that. I have looked at
=== cedar mulch but was wondering if there is a better alternative than
=== cedar mulch. I am located in the North Eastern part of USA.
===
=== THanks for your help!
=== KOS
===
===The regulars will give you lots of good suggestions, but my preference is
===for pine bark mini-nuggets. I use them everywhere, including my "isles", and
===they look good and last a long time.
===
===Felice
===on Cape Cod
===

Around here pine bark nuggets invite termites and other undesireable
insects Most popular mulch used in this area or the southeast is
cypress mulch (shredded, and it knits together somewhat and does not
blow around or float away in a heavy rain and lasts forever but still
maintains an open structure for plants to breathe and water to
penetrate) or pine straw, which needs to be removed ever couple of
eyars as it compacts and keeps water penetration out as well as
keeping weeds down......cypress mulch is available in many tnted
colors here as well. I prefer the natural color or dark brown. I have
never seen cedar mulch.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.