Old 05-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Roy

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 09:38:32 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

===On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:27:14 GMT, wrote:
===
===formalin... JAN.. WHAT is that stuff you use?
===
===Me? Haven't used formalin in years, use to use the stuff by Tetra, but
===Paracide Green seems to be more available now days.
===
===I've cross over to knowing before blind treating. Correct water parameters
===first, salt second and than the product that hits whatever is truly really
===ailing the fish. ~ jan
===
===
=== ~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Being totally ignorant on doctoring sick fish other than aquarium
types for the ick etc, is it necessary to quarrantine or isolate the
fish in a pond? Does salt treatment in a pond affect plants? I guess
I really need to read up on this stuff as its inevitable that someday
I may have a need........

But then again would not a natural pond be less susceptable to a lot
of problems associated with typical backyard ponds?
Not much one can do to change ph and parameters in a 1 acre natural
pond unless money is no object, but it seems to me a natural pond is
pretty well self balanced in its own way for the most part.
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.