Old 05-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Richard Sterry

"Mike" wrote in message
they have to over-egg the pudding and make up
some completely daft pseudo-scientific claptrap to explain the
phenomenon.

Just because you fail to understand the scientific answer to this or any
other explanation, does not mean it is clap trap. There may be a number of
explanations which some are understood by one or two people but not by
others and another explanation understood by them, but not by the former.

[snip]

Ah, there's always someone to take the bait. It's nice to know that in a
bewildering and ever-changing world, you can still rely on some things. ;-)

Thanks for the lecture on degaussing coils, which I am familiar with BTW,
but I am sticking to my guns re the original article about copper tools -
maybe the method works, I don't know, but the explanation is complete
claptrap.

Rick