Old 05-09-2004, 11:04 PM
Bob Hobden

"Aardvark" wrote

Any recommendations for killing brambles. I've tried Roundup and it
doesn't touch the wretched things!

First you must be sure that you are dealing with your own brambles.
if you live next door to a bamble patch and some are transgressing
onto your garden then I cannot offer much hope.

If however there seems to be the odd bramble or two growing in
isolation then you should keep on top of them. Everytime one appears
pull or dig it up. If the areas is mowable mow the brambles down
frequently.. In the end they will give up and die.

Yes that's true, we did it on part of our "car park" on the allotments,
burnt the brambles down and then after tidying it up mowed the area at the
same time as the grass and after one season they gave up trying to grow. Now
the site is just as the rest, grass.

--
Regards
Bob