Old 05-09-2004, 11:16 PM
Bob Hobden

"bigjon" wrote
I've not been here for a while, but I find I'm in need of your advice once
again.

The wife & I have started to see tadpoles in the pond again, as well as
tiny little frogs no bigger than your average coffee bean...
Is this normal for the beginning of september?
- I ask because we only put the pond in a couple of years ago and it's all
new to us !!
If it matters, we are in the NW of England....

Some tadpoles do overwinter, usually by now they are rather bigger than
normal tadpoles and I believe they have already turned into meat eaters as
frogs are.They will get an early start in the new season next year if they
survive.

The small frogs don't have much chance to survive overwintering though.

--
Regards
Bob