Old 05-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Sacha

On 5/9/04 7:45 pm, in article , "Kay"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
On 5/9/04 3:02 pm, in article
, "Kay"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
Try looking up Eucomis on Google image search. Its nickname is the
pineapple plant.

But the flower doesn't match - Eucomis has white or greenish flowers,
and certainly not long red buds.

snip
Ray and I were talking about this and he *thinks* there's a smaller variety
that might fit the bill, which is why I suggested it.

I thought you'd missed the description because I remembered seeing 2
species of Eucomis at Hill House.

No I hadn't missed it but I don't think I picked up on it well. We have two
Eucomis right now in the urns in front of the house. This is the first time
we've tried them in there (plunged in pots) and they look very good in such
containers.
But as I posted later, there are other possibilities which may fit the bill
rather better.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk