Old 06-09-2004, 01:23 AM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
On 5/9/04 7:45 pm, in article , "Kay"
wrote:

But the flower doesn't match - Eucomis has white or greenish flowers,
and certainly not long red buds.

snip
Ray and I were talking about this and he *thinks* there's a smaller variety
that might fit the bill, which is why I suggested it.

I thought you'd missed the description because I remembered seeing 2
species of Eucomis at Hill House.

No I hadn't missed it but I don't think I picked up on it well. We have two
Eucomis right now in the urns in front of the house. This is the first time
we've tried them in there (plunged in pots) and they look very good in such
containers.

Do you bring them in in winter?

I had so many of them a few years ago that I tried the surplus in
various places outside. Some didn't make it, some survived a few years,
one in a tub is still with me.
--
Kay