Old 06-09-2004, 03:27 AM
Cereus-validus

Why didn't you ask "someone" what it meant at the time they said it?

"Pinching" is removing the terminal growing point of the plant so that it
will branch. Its cutting the plant back by hand.

What did you think it meant? Stealing plants or grabbing their little
hinies?

"Jim Carlock" wrote in message
om...
What exactly does pinching basil mean? I know what a pinch
is, meaning to compress painfully, or a small amount.

Someone told me to pinch basil. And the only thing that comes
to mind is to pinch and twist but what exactly is pinch ? Online
references mention to pinch basil, but I can't find a detailed
definition on what it exactly means.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jim Carlock