Old 06-09-2004, 03:26 AM
Jim Humphries

I think a chemist would call it buffering capacity. It does represent the
ability of the water to resist acidifcation.

--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Is this an american thing (total alkalinity)? I haven't seen a measure
(tester) for it in the UK. How does it compare to kH, gH & pH?

Sky

The test for KH is for, equal to, Total Alkalinity. If it is an "American
thing" it would be an "American chemistry thing". So ask a UK Chemist and
find out what answer you get there.

The test kits call it KH, but chemist say the correct term is Total
Alkalinity. So why the test kit isn't called TA is beyond little old me.
;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~