Old 06-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Franz Heymann

"Ian Snowdon" wrote in message
In message , Bob Hobden

scribes

"
Although I dislike using it for environmental reasons I would

recommend
Glyphosphate (Roundup) which will kill all the perennial weeds

(except
Mare's Tails).

Any recommendations for killing brambles. I've tried Roundup and it
doesn't touch the wretched things!

Perhaps you are too impatient. I have just killed off some brambles
with glyphosate. I had to wait for just over 2 weeks to see the first
signs of dying off, and gave them a repeat dose. They were just dried
brown leafless sticks after about six weeks. Tip: try to wet as many
leaves as possible with the glyphosate solution.

Franz