Old 06-09-2004, 07:07 AM
sherwindu

Hi Mike,
Are you spraying with any fungicides? I had a lot of surface mold like
damage
on my Stanley Plum this year, which I attribute to the periods of
intermittent damp
and cold weather here in the Midwest. The fruit was still edible. Any signs
of
problems on the leaves or branches? Check out the following site for more
clues:
http://ppvbooklet.cas.psu.edu/

Hope this helps,

Sherwin D.

Sherwin D.

Mike Sousa wrote:

Hi there.

I live in Southeastern Massachusetts and have several fruit trees; most
of them are 3-4 years old.

My dwarf plum tree really came to life this year (year 4) and had a
tremendous showing of fruit -- too much actually, I will prune next year.

The problem is that 95% of the fruit ended up getting moldy before it
ripened. I've tried google groups to see if there's a simple answer,
but couldn't find one.

I doubt this is normal, but I am at a loss as to what to do to try and
prevent this problem next year.

Thanks!
-- Mike