Old 06-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Sacha

On 6/9/04 6:05 am, in article , "Franz
Heymann" wrote:

snip Perhaps you are too impatient. I have just killed off some brambles
with glyphosate. I had to wait for just over 2 weeks to see the first
signs of dying off, and gave them a repeat dose. They were just dried
brown leafless sticks after about six weeks. Tip: try to wet as many
leaves as possible with the glyphosate solution.

Franz

Another tip: if my husband has to use glyphosate, he adds a little
wallpaper paste to the mixture to make it glutinous. That way, when he
applies it with a brush to 'spot weed' among other plants, it doesn't drip
onto the ones you don't want to kill!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk