Old 06-09-2004, 12:39 PM
andr0meda

Thanks for replies, everybody!
They give me some ideas.
As to worms - well, I don't have many at the moment, as my yard has been
backfilled with 40 cubic metres of dirt recently. Two weeks ago I planted 50
fern plants along the fence, and only met one worm! still, I would like to
see more. As to grease in dishwater, there isn't much of it. I let the water
cool after washing up, and by the time I pour it onto plants, the grease has
deposited on the sides of the bowl and stays there until I remove it with
ajax.
Thanks for pointing me towards using biodegradable dishwashing liquid! Point
taken; it makes a lot of sense.
As to the whole 'ruckus' about saving water on the Gold Coast; well - I have
an opinion, too (particularly where a lot of money is being spent on TV etc.
advertising on 'saving every drop' and then telling us what a good job we
did - when all it was , was a good downpour into the dam - our saving or not
saving made little difference).
Still, I can see that plenty of water has been wasted over the last century
since the event of running water in almost every household took place.
Eventually, we will have to cut down and it might make sense to get used to
it slowly.
PS. My mother had a habit of rinsing meat before cooking it. The rinse water
went into her rose garden just outside the house. They thrived on it!

Regards,
Andr0

"andr0meda" wrote in message
I will try to be brief. I know my sense of humour is not always

appreciated.
On the Gold Coast, we are urged to save water.
What do you think about using dirty dishwater (including some detergent)

water plants?
My friend reckons, detergent chases worms way. Is that true? If it is,

than
maybe it is still OK to use the 'dishwater' to water plants in containers,
where worms are not welcome anyway?
Regards,
Andr0