Old 06-09-2004, 11:16 AM
Des Higgins

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
House plant query about Avocado plants as house plants:
I have 2 big ones and one small one. They germinated in the compost heap
from discarded stones, which turns out to be a handy way to get them
started, even if it was by accident with us. The big ones are now 2 years
old and 2.5 metres tall. Right now, they look great indoors but my
question is, is it practical to keep them any longer as house plants? If
they stayed about this size and just went **a big woddy**, they would be

fine

ooops; that will read very very strangely. I meant to type: "a bit woody"
:-)

but will they just keep growing OR go pot bound and straggly if we try to
keep them? Has anyone here ever kept them any longer than a few years?

Des