Old 06-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Charlie Pridham

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

I keep looking for a few hedgehogs for the garden!

Unfortunately Hedgehogs don't get to eat these ground dwelling black slugs
much, we have lots on our allotments but still get dreadful damage to

spuds.

--
Regards
Bob

Many thanks to all who have replied, I have read all the posts, seems
growing something else at least next year and changing variety when we next
try again is favourite! (what do the underground black slugs live on if
there are no spuds?)
In the mean time we have a great crop of Onions and shallots which we do
seem able to grow and I have replaced the potatoes with leeks! (clematis are
definitely easier :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk