Old 06-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Julie

Default Mature size of these roses

Cass wrote

( Secret Garden Musk Climber)
hmm. The clove scent is unusual, tho to my nose, nothing smells better
on the air than Excellenz von Schubert and Lavender Lassie. I'm talking
about smell from 10 feet. Up close, I'm a sucker for the bourbons. My
SGMC is grown on an open windy hillside. Maybe in a protected, warm,
close space, the scent would carry on the air. You're in a warm
climate, as I recall? You can let us know what you think, after it has
a chance to grow a bit.

I believe SGMC is thought to be a descendant of R. Mouchata(sp?) and
as such has a powerful and unique fragrance. I've never seen or
smelled R.M only read so much about its scent I had to try SGMC.
I don't have any roses whose scent catches my attention from across
the garden. I can smell Belinda's Dream when I pass by, but I must
stick my nose into most of them to get any smell. And even then
several that are supposed to be fragrant are not. Defective nose I
suppose.