Old 06-09-2004, 02:02 PM
GOOD GOLLY MISS mOLLY

"JP" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham wrote:
Although I have not beaten the slugs I have at least worked out how to

live
with them on the surface, but this year we tried to grow some potatoes

and
the little b*****s have been underground and eaten 50% (and made what's

left
almost impossible to clean up) any suggestions amongst you experienced

veg
growers as to how to stop it next year?
I should add that we can not move the bed they are to grow in as its
specially raised, our own soil being too high in Arsenic to want to grow
root veg direct in the ground (probably what caused our problems in the
first place as the raised bit is mostly composted veg matter. So do we

give
up? or is there a solution (preferable not toxic!)
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

I keep looking for a few hedgehogs for the garden!

If you contact your nearest wildlife hospital they are always looking for
safe release sites for hedgehogs.