Old 06-09-2004, 04:24 PM
bigboard

Tim Tyler wrote:

I bought a new fig tree :-)

It's about 80 cm tall - and has got 13 green figs on it.

Photo:
http://timtyler.freeshell.org/sprout.../pot/fig_1.jpg

My question is: Should I remove the green figs?

I'm new to fig cultivating - but I understand that figs that form too
late to ripen will simply steal energy from the rest of the plant -
without ever being useful as food.

The figs are about 3cm in length, and don't look very close to being ripe.

So:

Should I hope for an "indian" summer. Or is it too late for these figs?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

On Gardener's World on Friday, Monty Don advised removing them.

--
Fortune's Fictitious Country Song Title of the Week:
"How Can I Miss You if You Won't Go Away?"